"Lock my master" is the step you take in order to make your song ready for distribution.
You can only lock one master per Song Locker and it must be a WAV file to master it.
Once you lock your master, your Song Locker will be "locked" and you will not be able to make any changes to it.
To set a song to Master, follow these steps:
- Create a Song Locker for each song on your single/EP/album within the artist. Click "Add New Locker" to add each locker. For each locker, type the locker name, then click "Create a Locker".
What's a Song Locker and how do I create one?
- Upload the WAV files in their respective Song Lockers.
What are the requirements for my audio track?
- Once the file has been successfully uploaded, click on the "^" next to the file name, you'll see an option to download or master the file.
- Set the file you want on the release as the "Master" in the Song Locker by clicking "Lock my Master".
What does it mean to "Master" my song?
- Enter the Artist Information (Artist Name, Label Name, Track Name, and Release Type).
- Add Genres (Primary and Secondary (Optional)).
What's my genre and secondary genre?
- Add Featured Artist(s) if necessary.
Who's my Featured Artist?
- Add Collaborator(s) and select a role for each collaborator if necessary.
Who are my Collaborators?
How do I collaborate on TuneGO?
- Select Primary Language.
- Add Lyrics and mark as Explicit, Clean, or Non-Explicit.
What's the difference between Explicit, Non-Explicit, and Clean?
- If the song has been distributed before, you will need to enter the existing ISRC. If not, TuneGO will set one for you.
What's an ISRC?
- Confirm "Master" submission.
You'll now see a success message that will state the following: Master is created Locker is locked.
Check out our video tutorial below.